The privacy of our customers and clients is of utmost importance to Rural Directions Pty Ltd. This includes information or opinions about individuals or businesses that we collect and record which reasonably could be used to identify them. We adhere to the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- When we collect information we use it to maintain the most up-to-date possible database of our client base, their contact details and trade requirements.
- We apply the principles of privacy and protection of sensitive information in all our dealings.
- We aim to ensure that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date and that appropriate security measures are adhered to in respect of that information and its protection.
- We do not advise personal details or government identifiers to other parties, other than when the law requires us to do so. We do not release information to a third party without your prior approval.
- We do not use that information as a direct marketing profile, but do use it for the purpose of distributing newsletters and information updates which we believe are in the interests of good communication.
When we may disclose personal information
We will disclose personal information about clients only with their consent in the following circumstances:
- Where organisations cooperate with us in offering products and services (we will notify clients of that disclosure and obtain their consent);
- To meet a client’s request for services such as Rural Directions Pty Ltd Grain Marketing Services and Harvest Service;
- To anyone else a client authorises us to disclose information to, from time to time.
Generally, we may disclose personal information about clients in the following circumstances:
- Where we have contracted an external organisation to provide us with support services related to client services. This may include but is not limited to processing applications or orders, marketing support, deliveries, market research and debt collection. These service providers may be within or outside Australia;
To comply with our legal obligations.
(Please note: We will notify our clients any time we are required to produce information in this way, unless we are prohibited by court order or law or there is suspicion of fraud and/or criminal activity);
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
In addition, we may also disclose personal information about clients in the following circumstances:
- To related companies to provide clients with products and services they request and to inform them about other Rural Directions Pty Ltd products and services;
- To credit reporting agencies in connection with us providing credit to clients or recovering amounts that are owed under any contract a client may have with us.
We impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle personal information. We provide our outside contractors only with information they need to perform their services - they are not permitted to use the information for any purpose except to provide the service to us. The Privacy Act also strictly controls the information we exchange with credit reporting agencies.
Keeping information up to date
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Access to personal information
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information which we hold on you.
Following a request, we will provide clients with a copy of personal information which we hold about them in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information and will inform clients of the fee before providing the information.
Please note that there are some circumstances set out in the Privacy Act where we may refuse a client’s request.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
Or write to us at:
PO Box 646, Clare SA 5453