Profit from Plants
Profit from Plants will take into account seasonal variability and the impact of different rainfall deciles on production. It will allow participants to manage risk, soil and plant nutrition and operations planning. This involves taking a technical production decision such as extra fertiliser, and looking at the business management principles that underlie it.
This workshop is ideally suited to primary producers who are keen to improve their skills in cropping to make best use of their resources. It is particularly well suited to younger farmers and employees looking to take on greater responsibility in their cropping business.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Calculate gross margins including sensitivity analysis
- Design a productive, profitable and sustainable cropping rotation
- Develop fertiliser budgets and have a process to determine if fertiliser inputs are profitable
- Plan your annual operations calendar taking into consideration different tasks such as maintenance, training and seed cleaning etc in order to best manage time and labour
- Monitor paddocks accurately to aid with management and time efficiency
Southern BusinessEDGE13-14 March 2019, Adelaide
19-20 June 2019, Naracoorte
21-22 August 2019, Coomandook
18-19 September 2019, Bordertown
16-17 October 2019, Robe
VIEW FLYER REGISTER NOW
Opportunity for Profit WorkshopThe top performing grain growers in Southern Australia are retaining 30% of turnover as net profit, while the average is retaining closer to 10%. Learn what the Top 20% businesses are doing differently to achieve this. South Australian...
Pasture Principles - a practical guide to pasture management1-2 April 2019, Clare
3-4 April 2019, Strathalbyn
9-10 April 2019, Penola
11-12 April 2019, Keith VIEW FLYER REGISTER NOW