Recruitment Service positions currently available
Agricultural Innovation and Research EP (AIR EP) is seeking an experienced person to fill the role of Project Officer: Sustainable Agriculture. This role will cover the entire Eyre Peninsula region.
The Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board (EPLB) has contracted AIR EP to deliver the Sustainable Agriculture program, which has been funded by the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
The Project Officer, Sustainable Farming is responsible for the implementation, reporting and integration of the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board’s Sustainable Agriculture program.
The Project Officer will work closely with farmers, land managers, farming systems groups, agri-business, industry bodies and agencies to facilitate and implement workshops, events and activities that promote sustainable farming outcomes that improve agricultural production and protect the natural resource base of the region in the long term.
Key role outcomes
- Implementation of the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board Sustainable Agriculture program.
- Increase community and stakeholder awareness and adoption of best practice in agriculture and natural resources management.
- Timely program and project management and reporting.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and integration of sustainable agriculture projects.
- Maintain existing and develop new partnerships for collaboration.
- Long term landscape management and conservation principles are promoted across the region.
Commencing as soon as possible, the right person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 5 years working in the agriculture or NRM industry.
- A current understanding of sustainable agriculture and natural resource management relevant to South Australian dryland farming systems.
- Understanding of current agricultural initiatives and projects in SA and related NRM activity.
- Experience in project management including budgeting and reporting.
- The ability to communicate (written and verbally) with farmers, advisors, researchers and industry personnel.
- A demonstrated commitment in assisting the development of rural communities.
- A current driver’s license.
- University qualification in Agricultural Science or Natural Sources Management or equivalent, is highly desirable.
This role will commence as soon as possible and is contracted until June 2023. This role is full time and is expected to work from the AIR EP Wudinna office at least one day per week.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. This includes a work vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
The employer is Agricultural Innovation & Research Eyre Peninsula (AIR EP) which was formed in June 2020 through the merger of the two key farming systems groups on the Eyre Peninsula, EPARF and LEADA.
The incumbent will be working in a dynamic team of researchers, leading farmers, farm advisers and EP Landscape staff that will provide ongoing support in the implementation of the role.
This role is all about communication, so we’d love to speak directly to you and prefer you don’t use the ‘apply now’ option. Please call Carlyn Sherriff on 1300 746 466 to discuss this role and receive more information.
Please quote PAHR99 in your enquiry.
Applications close 12pm Wednesday 14 October 2020.
This recruitment process is being supported by Pinion Advisory.
Pinion Advisory positions currently available
An exciting opportunity exists at Pinion Advisory for a Graduate Agribusiness Consultant to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Clare, South Australia.
Pinion Advisory is a newly merged entity between Macquarie Franklin, Rural Directions and Sunraysia Environmental. We have offices in East Devonport, Hobart, Launceston, Clare, Freeling, Loxton, Naracoorte and Mildura.
This position is open to recent graduates, or someone with 1 to 2 years industry experience. You will undertake the Pinion Advisory Graduate Program to assist you to work across our two programs: Farm Business Services and Sustainability Services. You will develop technical, business management, general consultancy, project management, communication and delivery skills.
At Pinion Advisory, we are committed to graduate development and have been recruiting graduates since 2005. A significant number of our existing consulting team have participated in the Graduate Program. These team members continue to contribute significant value to our clients.
Reporting to the Farm Business Management Team Leader, you will have:
- Recently completed an agricultural science, commerce, business management and/or equivalent university degree
- The enthusiasm to develop your skills in financial analysis, project management and business planning services
- A willingness to work across all areas of our business, including intra and interstate travel
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively to meet client needs including written reports and verbal communication
- A desire to learn and continuously improve through completion of the Pinion Advisory Graduate Program and associated training activities
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work face to face and remotely with a large and progressive team
- The capability to innovate and recognise opportunities
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Commencement date may be flexible if the successful applicant is still studying.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed position description.
Please quote job reference PAHR101.
Applications close 1:00pm ACDT on Friday 23 October.
An exciting opportunity exists at Pinion Advisory Pty Ltd for an Agribusiness Consultant with livestock specialty to join our dynamic team. This is a new role.
This a full-time, permanent position to be based in Naracoorte to work in the lower SE of SA and western and central Victoria. It is desirable for this position to commence in late 2020.
Pinion Advisory is a newly merged entity between Macquarie Franklin, Rural Directions and Sunraysia Environmental. We have offices in East Devonport, Hobart, Launceston, Clare, Freeling, Loxton, Naracoorte, Mildura.
There is increasing demand for Pinion Advisory services on a national basis, our team is growing. This role will focus on the Lower SE of SA and the central and western regions of Victoria to capitalise on demand and build new business.
There are existing projects for the successful candidate to work on in the first twelve months plus plenty of scope to develop new business and make the role their own. The potential for this role is limitless, providing a great career opportunity to join a thriving business and a great team.
Reporting to the Farm Business Services Team Leader, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as animal production or agricultural science
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of farm business and livestock management
- Demonstrated experience in business and strategic planning
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent analytical and financial skills, benchmarking knowledge is desirable
- The capability to innovate and recognise opportunities
- Assist in the development and delivery of individual and group activities to improve client outcomes
- A current drivers license and being willing to travel, both inter and intrastate
- Ability to work with a national team of leading agribusiness consultants
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please email email@example.com for a detailed position description and more information on the application process. Any questions, please call 1300 746 466.
Please quote job reference PAHR100 in all communications.
Applications close 1:00pm ACDT on Friday 30 October.